in Organizational and Individual Effectiveness
What Does It Take To Get The Job Done?
Technical mastery is obviously important for success in any profession. Nevertheless, raw intelligence, training, and experience are not enough to assure success.
A survey of job terminations identified causes of career derailment. Only 10% of terminations are due to insufficient technical abilities. The other 90% are the result of problems with interpersonal relationships, inappropriate behaviors, or "bad attitudes," all of which are related to emotional intelligence.
Emotional intelligence, or EQ, is the critical factor in success, in life and on the job. EQ has been found to be the single most important variable in differentiating star performers from those whose performance is described as average or marginal.
The Simmons EQ Profile:
A proven screening and development tool.
The Simmons EQ Profile identifies critical strengths and developmental needs related to career success. It provides the essential foundation for personal and professional development.
Follow this link to review case studies drawn from my consulting practice.
Case studies not to be missed:
The Human Wrecking Ball
The Health Crisis
The Strong Leader
He has been an authorized interpreter of the EQ Profile for more than 20 years.
He is the author of:
Working Relationships: Using Emotional Intelligence to Enhance Your Effectiveness With Others
Coaching For Emotional Intelligence: The Secret to Developing the Star Potential in Your Employees
The Handbook of Interpersonal Skills Training
and the co-author of
The Mission-Driven Organization
The EQ Profile in Talent Management
The Profile is a powerful developmental tool for expanding self-awareness, the crucial first step in developing EQ. Most of my clients engage in the following sequence of steps:
1. Review of results with the participant's manager and discussion of developmental needs.
2. Review of results with participant.
3. Participant is provided with a Developmental Planning Workbook.
4. Participant and manager meet to discuss the participant's Profile results and review the participant's developmental planning.
Why use the EQ Profile?
- Specificity: Provides assessments of 13 of critically important determinants of success or failure on the job.
- Accuracy: A survey of users rated the instrument as 97-100% accurate, with no one providing a rating lower than 97%.
- Longevity: The assessment methodology has been in use in the workplace and other settings since 1975. It has stood the test of time.
- Relevance to large and small companies: Bob has used the EQ Profile to assist a wide variety of clients in coaching and selection, such as Alliance Data Systems, Praxair, Epona Equestrian Services, Capital One Auto Finance, BIC Corporation, The University of Iowa College of Medicine, The Seattle Times, as well as numerous small- to mid-sized companies in the private and public sectors.
Taking the EQ Profile
The best way to find out about any instrument is to take it. It only takes about 15 minutes to complete the Profile online.
Personalized Interpretation of Results
The format of the EQ Profile report is deceptively simple. As a skilled interpreter with 20 years of experience with the instrument, I am able to derive a great deal of information in the patterns and combinations of scores.
I follow up every Profile with a phone call for a discussion of the results. These conversations will assure that you understand the subtleties in the Profile report. We will identify strategies for refining the application of emotional intelligence in life and at work. The Profile can identify small adjustments that can make a big difference in performance.
Assurance of Satisfaction
The Profile is so reliable that I am comfortable making this promise: You will not be billed for the Profile if you don't find the results and our conversation useful to you.
Click on the "Contact Me" link at the bottom of the page to send an email or call me at 203.450.2160 for more information about taking the EQ Profile.